Monday, October 15, 2012

Through Every Storm

by Sharlene MacLaren

Whitaker House Publishers

Jeff and Maddie Bowman have lost the one thing they loved the most and held dear in this mortal life - their child. It seems as if all is lost to them; their life, their marriage, and their hope. Estranged from the guilt they harbor over Emma's death, and punishing themselves for the past, they are headed to a divorce faster than a crashing airplane. When it seems as everything is lost, a precocious boy enters their life. Will Jeff and Maddie be able to restore what is lost to them? Or did Emma's death forever cripple their ability to love again?

I was quite sad that I read this book so quickly. The characters became endearing even in so short a time, and little Timmy was definitely my favorite. The crisis this couple went through wasn't easy, and even though I hoped it would work out in the end, I couldn't help but hold my breath as the story unfolded. There were moments of tension, of joy, of pain, of tenderness, of sorrow, and so many emotions all rolled into one. A highly recommended book even if you cannot personally relate to the subject matter. I promise you're going to love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment