Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A Sister's Secret

by Wanda Brunstetter

Barbour House Publishing

Grace Hostettler has put her past behind her and started a new life after rumschpringe. Grace joins the Amish church, Cleon Schrock begins to court her, and life settles down. Cleon is completely ignorant of her past, but he loves Grace and wants to make a life with her.

But then Gary Walker comes back to Holmes County, Ohio and seemingly tries to jeopardize her future. No matter what the consequences, Grace determines to tell Cleon and her family what went on during her running around years. But no matter how much she wants to tell them the truth, fear of rejection and reproach of what she has done follows her footsteps. Will she get the truth out in time? Or has time - and the truth - finally caught up to her?

From the beginning of the story, I thought I had the story all figured out. But when Grace's secret finally comes to light, I kept getting surprised all over again. The story is rich in Amish culture, and it was a welcome relief from the Lancaster County setting so many authors write about.

The plot of this book was refreshingly new for me, and piqued my interest from the first page. I have always enjoyed this author, but her stories felt predictable for me in the past. This one surprised me at every turn and stayed fresh and original till the very last page. I highly enjoyed it and can't wait to read the rest of the series!

No comments:

Post a Comment