Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Thirsty

Tracey Bateman

WaterBrook Press

Nina is a recovering alcoholic that isn't having the best time recovering. Wanting to make amends with her ex-husband, Hunt, and her two children, she does her time in rehab and moves back to her childhood town. Taking her daughter Meg with her, Nina begins to clean up her life in earnest. 

But something that has been alive for 250 years is running rampant in the Ozarks. With a murderer on the loose, and her sister Jill (the town sheriff) trying to solve the cases in record time, they are all in danger. Struggling to stay sober from her addiction, and trying be be strong for Meg, Nina is unaware that her fight against dark forces may not be with herself after all. Will she realize the truth in time? Or is she going to loose her family despite her efforts to clean up her life?

When I plucked this book from my shelf, I had no idea what I was getting into. It wasn't until I was well into the story that I realized what was really going on. While this was the tamest vampire story I have ever read, the novel was redeemed in the story of Nina. I didn't see the need for the vampire twist in the book, nor did I care for that aspect of the story, but I was drawn to Nina, her family, and her childhood memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment