Monday, December 3, 2012

Oliver Twist

Focus on the Family Radio Theatre

Tyndale House

Having read Oliver Twist all my life, and being an avid reader, not a listener; I wasn't sure if I was going to enjoy this, or simply listen to it for the sake of a review. How wrong I was!!! This dramatization of one of my favorite classics of all time was breathed into being by a cast of voices by Focus on the Family Radio Theatre. I listened to it while driving, and it had me captivated from the very first moment the narrator began his introduction into the tale. I had to keep reminding myself it was an audio, not a movie, it was well done with not only the character voices, but the realistic background noises as well.

You can clearly see in your mind's eye every detail that is portrayed, and though I am not a visual person, (hence why I read) I was able to imagine through the cast's voices everything that was taking place. This full cast audio production captures the voice of 19th century England, and takes us back to a time and place where corruption was a frightening happenstance, compassion was scarcely found, and redemption an unattainable feat.

I received this audio book by Tyndale House Publishers for free in exchange for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment