Friday, August 10, 2012

Wreath


 by Judy Christie

Barbour Publishers

Wreath Willis is a sixteen year old girl who is determined to have a good life. Recently orphaned, she makes herself a list of all the things she needs to do to succeed in life, despite the odds against her. With no guardians, no place to stay and no money, she scopes out the town where her mother grew up, and settles on an old junkyard for a roof over her head.

One of the big things on her "list" is to avoid notice, something she does with no avail. Everywhere she turns is a complication to her plans, and no matter what she does, she draws attention wherever she goes. Will her past fears catch up to her, or will her secrets cause suspicions to the point that she will be forced to run again?

Wreath caught me up in it's spell to the point that I didn't realize I was entrapped until the book came to an end. I realized that every hope and dream of this girl became my own. Every disappointment and sorrow that overtook her became mine to resolve. And it wasn't until I finally had shut the book and looked up at life that I realized I was caught in it's fantastical web, and that the line between reality and fiction was blurred and no longer clear. A wonderful book that I will visit again and again, and again...

1 comment: